Wednesday, May 16, 2012

About me


My name is Brian Shiozawa.  I am the Republican candidate for the Utah State Senate District 8.

First, a little about me:  I graduated from Stanford University, did medical school at the Univ. of Washington  and residency at the Univ. of Utah.  I am Board certified in Emergency Medicine.  I have practiced for over twenty years at the St Marks Hospital. I am on the board of Directors of Emergency Physicians Integrated Care, a physician company which staffs ten Emergency Departments on the Wasatch Front.  I am the current President of the Utah Medical Association.

I am married to a wonderful spouse, Joye.  She is a homemaker, mom and a realtor.  We have four great children who are nearly grown up and embarking on college and their careers.  Our youngest son is in Japan serving an LDS Mission.  We have one beautiful grandson.

We are long time residents of Cottonwood Heights.  All of our children attended the local public schools.  I am deeply interested in good education.  Education is vital to launch our children on careers and to college. NO matter whether you home school, charter school or attend public schools, successful education means strong parent involvement.  We need strong,  accountable classes that will keep us competitive in this nation and world. 

I deeply committed to health care reform.  We face increasing, unsustainable health care costs.  Insurance is unaffordable.  With the pending repeal of the current Federal Healthcare Act, we in Utah will need to develop our own long term, competitive, affordable health care. 

We need to reform the huge Medicaid program.  It is too expensive and inefficient. We need smarter utilization and better access for patients.

We need medical liability reform.  Defensive medicine is driving up the costs of our health care to the highest in the world and without any better results.

We have real problems and I have real solutions.

I promise to represent our good people and  communities honestly and responsibly.  I will be guided by my faith, my family and by the principles of this great country.  My door will always be open to you.  I will listen to you.  

My name is Brian Shiozawa and I seek your vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment